Driving at Night
Driving at night can be a hazardous endeavor. It requires different driving tactics than those used during the daylight hours. But by taking certain safety precautions after dark you can make the road a more secure place for you as well as other drivers and pedestrians.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a car accident due to the poor choices of another person, you may be eligible for compensation. The Waukesha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you seek damages for your suffering. Contact us today at 800-242-2874 to speak with an attorney about your case.
Tips for Driving Safely at Night
When driving at night, it is important to keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Keep your windshield, tail lights, headlights and signal lights clean.
- Do not drive so fast that you cannot stop within the distance illuminated by your lights.
- Only use your high beam lights when there are no other cars coming towards you or in front of you.
- Avoid smoking in the car at night; the smoke can impair your vision.
- Turn your headlights on whenever daylight has faded or begins to fade. This includes dawn and dusk.
- Get routine eye exams and keep your glasses/contact prescriptions up to date.
- Reduce your speed and increase your following distances. It is easier for surprises to happen in the dark.
- Make frequent stops while driving at night to help keep yourself alert.
- Don’t drive while impaired. This includes not driving while tired or exhausted as well as not drinking and driving.
Even if you take your own precautions for safe driving, you cannot control the behaviors of others on the road. If you have been the victim of a car accident due to the unsafe or negligent behavior of someone else, it is important that you seek compensation for your suffering. Contact the Waukesha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.