Milwaukee  |  Waukesha  |  Madison  |  Racine  |  Kenosha  |  Lake Geneva  |  Appleton  |  Green Bay  |  Wausau  |  Rhinelander  |  Stevens Point  |  Sheboygan  |  West Bend
When accidents or injuries happen to you or someone you love...why choose anyone else®
Home > Articles > Administrative Claims for Government Negligence Lawsuits

Administrative Claims for Government Negligence Lawsuits

When a person is injured on the road because of a government’s failure to build or maintain safe roadways, the injured motorist may be entitled to file a claim against that agency. However, he or she must file these claims according to the rules set up in the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). This law limits the ability of injured individuals to sue the government in some situations, and it complicates the process significantly through the addition of an administrative claims process.

If your auto accident injuries were caused by a government agency’s errors, you may be entitled to pursue a claim for compensation. For a free consultation regarding the next steps you should take, contact a dedicated Waukesha auto accident attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874.

How Do Administrative Claims Work?

Administrative claims allow government agencies to work through personal injury claims before the cases reach the courtroom. As a result, administrative claims can present a significant burden in the process of filing a claim against the government. According to the FTCA, a person needs to go through the following steps when filing against the government:

  • File the claim with the involved government agency within 2 years of the incident
  • Allow the agency 6 months to respond to the claim
  • Include an exact compensation amount for the injury in the claim
  • Include detailed injury-related information in the claim

The agency may pay for the claim, pay for a portion of the claim, or deny it. If the injured person wants to contest the claim after the administrative claim process is complete, he or she may do so within 6 months of the agency’s response. At this point, a case will begin in the courts.

Contact Us

If you’re looking for a legal advisor to assist you with your injury claim against the government, we may be able to help. For additional information regarding how to prepare for your claim, contact a knowledgeable Waukesha auto accident attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. by calling 800-242-2874.

Live Chat!
  • The information disclosed in this form does not constitute, nor create an attorney-client relationship.
Super Lawyers Martindale Hubbell AV Rated