How to Share the Road with Pedestrians
Pedestrian fatalities account for around 10 percent of all traffic fatalities every year. Annually thousands of pedestrians are injured in roadside accidents. Accidents are tragic, no matter the severity. It is important to share the road with pedestrians and to take precautions to not only protect those on foot but also to protect yourself and your vehicle.
If you have been the victim of a car accident due to the negligence and poor decisions of someone else, you may be eligible for compensation. The Waukesha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can review your case and determine if you have grounds for legal action against the responsible party. Contact our offices today at 800-242-2874 for more information.
Driver Tips for Pedestrian Safety
To reduce your chances of being involved in a pedestrian accident, observe the following tips:
- Always keep an eye out for pedestrians.
- Drive slowly when you see a crosswalk and be prepared to stop.
- Always stop if there is a pedestrian in a crosswalk, even if it is not marked.
- Do not overtake and pass vehicles that are stopped for pedestrians.
- Drive carefully while in neighborhoods or near schools, where children are active.
- Pedestrians are particularly hard to see at night or in bad weather. If you are driving in either of these conditions it is important to be extra cautious and keep a look out for pedestrians.
When negligent drivers harm pedestrians, they can be held legally responsible for any losses the injured parties suffer. If you or a member of your family has been injured by a careless driver, our Waukesha pedestrian accident attorneys can help.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a car accident you may be able to collect for damages. Contact the talented Waukesha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874 to discuss your case.