Safe Driving Tips
There are certain expectations that all drivers, motorcyclists, and bicyclists are expected to meet every time they get on a public road. They are all expected to follow traffic laws, behave defensively, and use courtesy. When a driver or rider does not take these three easy steps, then they put themselves, as well as others on the road, at risk.
If you are unsure about how to drive safely and defensively, you should remember the following, easy things you can do to best protect yourself and your passengers from harm:
- Always make sure that everyone inside the vehicle is buckled into a seat belt
- Follow all traffic rules, regulations, and signals
- Be aware of what is going on around you – check your mirrors frequently
- Don’t tailgate other drivers – leave a decent cushion between your vehicle and the next one
- Slow down, leave larger cushions, and apply the brakes early in inclement weather
- Check both ways when you go through an intersection, as people do sometimes run red lights
It is imperative for all drivers to behave safely while operating their vehicles. When anyone on the road fails to do so, everyone around is put at high risk of being injured or even killed.
If you would like to learn more about how to drive safely, or if you have been injured in an automobile wreck caused by another party’s negligence, then the Waukesha car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help. To speak with an attorney about your questions and concerns, contact our offices today at 800-242-2874.